Importing Netscape 7 / Mozilla Mail into Outlook Express, or Outlook
To import Netscape 7 / Mozilla mail to Outlook, it is evident that you
must first import to Outlook Express,
and then from Outlook Express, import to Outlook.
The easiest solution is to install Netscape 4.xx.
With Netscape closed:
First, make a backup copy of your Mail Folder
Copy the Mail files without the MSF extensions from the
Netscape 7 / Mozilla Mail Folder
Paste the files without the MSF extensions into the
Communicator Mail Folder
NOTE: you must open the Netscape 4.xx mail folders once
This will create the index files (SNM)
Close Netscape 4.xx
Open Outlook Express:
- On the File menu, select "Import", and then click Messages
- Select Netscape Communicator, and then click Next.
- Ensure the path to your messages is correct, and then click Next
- Choose All folders to import all the messages, and then click Next.
You can also choose Selected Folders to import messages from one or
How to Import Messages and Addresses from Netscape Messenger 4.5
- In Outlook, on the File menu, click Import and Export
- In the Import and Export Wizard, click Import Internet Mail and
Addresses, and then click Next.
- In Select the Internet Mail application to import from, click
to select Outlook Express 4.x, 5. Verify that Import Mail and Import
Addresses are selected. Because Outlook Express does not import
Netscape Messenger rules, this option can be ignored for the Outlook
conversion. Click Next.
- In Select a destination for Imported Addresses, click Outlook
Contacts Folder, and then click Finish.
Back to Top
Return to Netscape Solutions